31. Production-ready Robotics: How to Move Fast and Not Destroy Your Robot, with Andreas Bihlmaier
2023-04-14 · 1:48:06
In this episode of the Sense Think Act Podcast, we are joined by Andreas Bihlmaier, Head of Robotics Software Architecture at Intrinsic, for an in-depth discussion on the future of robotics. We explore a range of topics, including the development of adaptive robotics software, the potential of cloud robotics, the concept of robot app stores, and the challenges of testing robots in real-world production environments. Throughout the conversation, Andreas shares his expert insights and sheds light on the innovative technologies that are shaping the next generation of robotics. Tune in to gain valuable knowledge from one of the industry's foremost thought leaders.
- Download the episode
- Andreas Bihlmaier's LinkedIn
- Andreas Bihlmaier's new book: Robotics for Programmers
- Intrinsic's website
- ABB's website (Andreas' previous employer)
- 0:00:00 - Start
- 0:01:19 - Introducing Andreas
- 0:07:39 - What does a Chief Software Architect do?
- 0:14:05 - Coming to ABB
- 0:22:12 - Planning for new technology to advance
- 0:30:10 - Serverless Robots?
- 0:43:42 - Robotics and other technologies
- 0:50:21 - Growth of the Robotics Community
- 0:54:18 - Robot App store?
- 1:01:43 - Tesla bot?
- 1:06:45 - Human in the loop for startups?
- 1:13:55 - Reinforcement Learning in Robotics
- 1:22:56 - Testing Robots and how it’s different than other software
- 1:43:22 - Learning about testing
- 1:45:34 - Advice for those early in their career
- 1:47:10 - Getting in touch